Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Introducing Three New Teen Bloggers

The three students in my Web 2.0 Computer Applications course have been blogging since the beginning of September. Over the course of the last three weeks, they have learned about Blogger, Delicious, Google Docs, Creative Commons, Flickr, Google Reader, Technorati, and StatCounter. They have watched The Machine is Us/ing Us, a TED talk on the Predicting the next 5000 days of the Web, the infamous (and newly updated) Shift Happens video and countless Lee Lefever In Plain English clips.

This is my first time teaching this course and it is taking shape as we go. It occurred to me last week that excellent blogging happens when you are passionate about what you are writing. My students now have two blogs (see if you can tell the difference).

I am proud to introduce the following new teen bloggers:

Please take the time to check out my students' blogs and leave them a comment if something strikes you.

Thanks!
-Liz

image source: Mexicanwave's photostream on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mexicanwave/2404978535/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful course offering. So appropriate for the generation. Happy blogging to all of your students.I have an Independent Study student who has been blogging at least twice a week - he is appreciating the ability to share his thoughts, progress, and photos of his work.

Kit Hard said...

I'm excited to share this post with the students in my school who have expressed interest in learning about blogging.