Saturday, November 15, 2008

Scratch Success!

I recently completed Scratch projects with 3 8th grade math classes and my Computer Applications students (3 seniors and 1 sophomore). Overall the project was very successful, particularly with the 8th graders. They really enjoyed the project and stayed extremely focused throughout the week long unit. Here are some of their completed projects. I wrote up a plan for the 6-day long project. My Computer Applications students blogged about their experiences.

I am going to be presenting this unit on our Curriculum Night next week. In preparation for that event, I interviewed some of the 8th grade students a made a short "Scratchumentory" about their experience. (I apologize for the audio, you will need to turn up the volume.)



Are you using Scratch? Please tell us about your experience!

2 comments:

Michelle Russell said...

I love Scratch! I am always looking for new ways to incorporate it into my class. Thanks for sharing.

Andrea said...

I, too, love scratch. I do rotations (like electives) with middle school and am planning a scratch rotation later in the year. Thanks for sharing your ideas and successes.